Statistical Genetics Journal Club
We meet on friday afternoon once a month to discuss current research topics in Statistical Genetics, throught the means of a Journal Club.
Meeting time is Friday at 3:00 in HRP T116
If you want to participate and be included in the mailing list, please contact Kevin Horner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- January 27, 2012: A probabilistic disease-gene finder for personal genomes
- February 24, 2012: Detecting novel associations in large data sets.
- March 30, 2012: The mystery of missing heritability: Genetic interactions create phantom heritability
- May 4, 2012: Lasso approaches for GWAS
- June 8, 2012: Rare and common variants: twenty arguments
- October 19, 2012: Bayesian method to predict individual SNP genotypes from gene expression data and Propensity score-based nonparametric test revealing genetic variants underlying bipolar disorder
- December 7, 2012: Polygenic Modeling with Bayesian Sparse Linear Mixed Models and Integrated analysis of variants and pathways in genome-wide association studies using polygenic models of disease
- February 22, 2013: The predictive capacity of personal genome sequencing.
- March 22, 2013
- April 26, 2013: Projecting the performance of risk prediction based on polygenic analyses of genome-wide association studies